Indian Premier League man of the series award has been credited to Mr. Sachin Tendulkar who turned 37 recently. The Sachin Tendulakar is the captain of the Mumbai Indians and his team could not defeat the Chennai Super Kings in the final match. The Mumbai Indians team is owned by the Mukesh Ambani.
Ever since R Ashwin started the defence with a maiden over, Mumbai never really threatened Chennai. Sachin Tendulkar, playing with a split webbing, played his least fluent innings of the tournament, scoring a laboured 48 off 45. Mumbai tried some strange moves: promotions for Abhishek Nayar and Harbhajan Singh bombed, and even at the fall of the fifth wicket, with 69 required off 31, Kieron Pollard was not the man making his way out of the dugout.
Pragyan Ojha was the Purple Cap winner and Sachin Tendulkar the Orange Cap winner. Sachin Tendulkar was chosen DLF Golden Player of IPL 3.
Final Match Highlights
* Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 9.1 overs, Extras 3
* Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 14.3 overs, Extras 4
* SK Raina: 50 off 24 balls (2 x 4, 3 x 6)
* Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 18.5 overs, Extras 6
* Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings – 168/5 in 20.0 overs.
* Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 9.4 overs, Extras 6
* Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 14.3 overs (91 balls), Extras 11