Thursday, June 16, 2011

Barrymore ‘started filmmaking training when she was 6’

drew barrymore 198x300 Barrymore 'started filmmaking training when she was 6' 'Charlie's Angles' star Drew Barrymore says she has been 'training' to become a filmmaker since she was six years old.


The stunner stepped behind the camera for the first time to work on the 2009 comedy Whip It.


The actress/producer admits her work as a kid with her godfather Steven Spielberg taught her enough the skills of direction.


“I handled my godfather’’s (Spielberg’’s) scripts when I was six years old. I”ve been training for this my whole life, and I”m OK with ‘’slow and steady wins the race," she said.


“After producing for 15 years, working with all the filmmakers I worked with, learning what I like and don”t like and really immersing myself in the process," The Daily Star quoted her as saying.


She added: "I felt much more prepared to go walk that plank because I knew what I was walking into.


“You still have to be humble and know you”re on a learning curve because directing is a whole other animal, no matter how good a producer you are, or how much you”ve been watching people. To become the captain of a ship is just new territory.”

e

No comments:

Post a Comment