Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gemma Arterton had almost quit as Bond girl


Post image for Gemma Arterton had almost quit as Bond girl


When a film executive disparaged Gemma Arterton's common accent, she was nearly to quit her role of a Bond girl in Quantum of Solace. She was cast as an agent Strawberry Fields in Daniel Craig's second 007 outing in 2008.


She almost turned back when an American film chief warned her about her native British accent saying that if she would continue speaking with that accent then she would just ever cast as a maid.


She said," I said, ‘Hello! I’m playing a Bond girl who works for the British consulate!’ I was so annoyed I nearly walked out… I went through this whole thing of, ‘I’m common compared to all these Oxford graduates. I don’t know anything".


Her accent could cost her the role in forthcoming movie Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time – after the director Mike Newell asked her to lose her slang and speak “posh”.


Now the young lady is working hard with a voice coach after film maker Stephen Frears suggested her to take professional help.

r

No comments:

Post a Comment