Saturday, August 28, 2010

Drew Barrymore says ¡®Whip It¡¯ not a chick flick


Post image for Drew Barrymore says 'Whip It' not a chick flick


Drew Barrymore insists that her new film 'Whip It' is not a “chick flick”.


The Charlie’’s Angels star, who makes her directorial debut with the film, says that while the movie features themes of relationships, friendships and love, it is not just a film for girls, reports The Mirror.


“I”m a woman so I”m going to make stories about women because I understand them, but I”m also a boy and I can”t stand the term ”chick flick”,” Drew said.


“That turns me off. I”m as turned off by that as any guy because I am a ”dude”.


“I have a very male mentality – the comedy in the film is not little girl comedy. It’’s boy comedy, it’’s androgynous comedy," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment